Tuesday 4 August 2015

Licence to carry on

My drivers licence was due for renewal in a couple of days. I got the renewal letter some weeks ago, but have been sitting on it (figuratively, not physically). These days, they offer you a 1, 3, 5 or 10 year licence, just different costs. Since I received the letter I've been hesitating. Really should just get it done, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Just kept over-thinking it.

My conundrum
How many years do I renew for? Would it be a waste to do more than is needed? If I choose a lower number of years, does that mean that I am giving myself less of a time-frame  giving up perhaps? By picking 10 years am I being wasteful and ridiculous?

I have sat on this for several weeks, keep on going back to it and then rethinking it and still not getting to a decision. I think this is some of the irrational thinking that happens in times of stress. Perhaps I haven't got enough mental stimulation and so I keep going to places and getting anxious over small things, things that don't really matter that much.

So with a day or 2 left till expiry I went and renewed it today. It wasn't that hard really, still hadn't made the decision till I got there, still stressing about it on the way up. I tried to push that out of my mind by deciding to try and get my licence without wearing my glasses, guessing a bit at those fuzzy letters on the board. It sort of worked, it sort of made me think about something else, a strategy to formulate the letters, how I was going to explain it to the clerk after I got all of them wrong.

But in the end I renewed for 5 years, that seems OK doesn't it, maybe, well..... I still don't know, and still feel uncomfortable with it, but its done.

I have had a great week, Lindys 50th on Sat night and boogie down on the dance floor, still got the moves. Got to footy and netball on the weekend, basketball last night, and got through chemo on Monday a little better than I have the last few weeks. Caught up with Nigel last week, haven't caught up in so long. Great to chat to Jo again and see how strong she is through her challenge and really improving.

Tomorrow is always another day.
Love.
Trev.






No comments:

Post a Comment